Thursday, October 25, 2012

Welcome Author Melynda Price

Welcome! Come on in!

So I have had a chance to read this book. I must say WONDERFUL!!!! And Liam~~~HOT!
But for those readers who have not had a chance, why don't you tell them something about it.


A guardian angel… A forbidden love… Eternal consequences…
Olivia Norton was born with a gift—a gift heaven has sworn to protect, and hell is bound to destroy. Her perfect world is turned upside-down when two handsome strangers, Max and Liam, step into her life. Olivia soon discovers that her ‘Mr. Perfect’ is actually a perfect nightmare.

The rules of engagement have changed and Liam, Olivia’s guardian angel, is forced to cross dimensional borders or risk losing the woman he’s sworn to protect. Suddenly, thrust into a world unlike anything he’s ever known, Liam isn’t prepared to come face to face with the young woman whose life he holds in his hands.

But nothing is as it seems, and secrets abound that will ultimately force him to choose between two impossibilities. Max will stop at nothing to finish what he’s started, and Olivia is soon plunged into a battle between good and evil. Her very life hangs in the balance as two forces fight to win her heart.

Oh just reading this makes me want to read the book again.....


What is your favorite thing about being a writer?

I love creating and world building. Being an author of paranormal romance, I get to create characters that are larger than life and stretch beyond the borders of our world as we know it. My only challenge is to make the unbelievable believable. I love it when someone asks me, “Is that really a place, or did that really happen?” Then I know I’ve done my job well.

 What genre(s) do you write?

Paranormal Romance

What genres and authors would we find you reading?

I only read Paranormal Romance and I prefer series. It’s so sad when a good book ends, I like series because it keeps the characters alive. The bigger the book the better, I don’t like investing my time into a shooting star story. I want development, strong plotting and believable world building—that takes time.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Writing the ending. It’s hard for me to say goodbye to the characters I’ve fallen in love with. I also find it the most challenging to wrap up a story that brings good closure and a conclusion that doesn’t leave that reader feeling cheated or rushed.

How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published?

It took me a year to find the right home for Until Darkness Comes. During that time, I probably rewrote it six times. When the offer came through to contract with 5PP, I also had another offer for the book. It was very flattering because so much of this industry is rejection. You really have to have perseverance and thick skin in this business.

 What books or authors have most influenced your career?

I would have to say that I most enjoy works by Lara Adrian and J.R. Ward.

 How do your family and/or friends feel about your book or writing venture in general?

For the most part my family and friends are extremely supportive. I have a few that beta read for me and that’s really fun. It’s hard to find balance with writing and family sometimes because my characters aren’t always willing to punch a clock. J

How do you come up with the titles?

I make a list of ones I like and then research them to see if there are other books with the same titles. I narrow them down and take a poll if I can’t decide.

 Has your life changed significantly since becoming a published writer?

No, not really. I’m the same I always was, except I’m busier with marketing now and have less time to write sometimes. Some days it’s hard to fit it all in.

Please tell us 5 miscellaneous facts about yourself.
I have a very sick sense of humor. My daughter even has a facebook page called “Things Mother’s Should Never Say To Their Daughters.”
 
My Chihuahua is named Ren. Yes, from Ren and Stimpy.
 
I’ve been on seven wine tasting events in California with my brother and sisters, and an $8 bottle of Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot is still my favorite. J
 
I love slapstick comedy and laugh inappropriately when people get injured, especially my kids. They don’t find it nearly as amusing as I do. They’ve stopped getting mad at me for being so insensitive and usually join in after they’ve finished crying, lol.
 
I have horrible fashion sense. My favorite outfit is sweatpants and a t-shit. My daughter dresses me when I have to go out in public.
 
How can our readers find you?
 
Where can they find your book?
Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, Itunes, and www.5princebooks.com/buy.htm
 
THANK YOU FOR VISITING WITH US TODAY, AND I DEFINITELY LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT BOOK!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment