Sunday, October 14, 2012

Welcome Lisa Logue!


Lisa Logue

Author of Bestselling Cursed Secrets (Legacy of Secrets)


Why don't we start by telling us a little about yourself.

I have written everything from poetry and short stories to my debut novel Cursed Secrets. Originally from Long Island, NY, I now resides in Tennessee with my family including my two sons.

At the age of seven, I began writing short stories depicting dramatic scenes of abusive relationships and murder/mysteries. After several calls home from the teacher, I made it clear that while the stories seemed real my imagination created the drama. But it didn't stop there. After the short stories came poetry with which I received many awards including winning several contests. My earlier poems were published in coffee table books and various online websites, proving I'm no stranger to the written word.

After a long two years, my first novel Cursed Secrets has finally been published. I am constantly working to improve and adapt my writing to intrigue and entice readers. As an avid reader myself, creating "real" characters has been an important part of the project. While Cursed Secrets encompasses a variety of supernatural characters, the human element is prominent and relatable.

When I am not writing, I am spending time with my family, working, or attending classes for my degree. I also love to read and often find myself curled up in a snuggie with a glass of wine. Spending time with my boyfriend of almost five years and our friends is another enjoyment and break from crazy daily life.

 
What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
~I’ve been writing for so long and it’s become such a big part of my life that I can honestly say, I simply love it. Yes, it’s hard work, but it’s my passion. How can I not love it all?
 What genre(s) do you write?
~Primarily, my books fall into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category. I plan to write other types in the future, but I’m the most comfortable sticking to what I know.
 What genres and authors would we find you reading?
~I like paranormal books the best. Some of the YA are better than the adult, but I think that’s partly because the lines have been blurred a bit. Some of my favorite authors are Amanda Hocking, Autumn Dawn, Terry Spear, PC Cast, Janet Evanovich, Colleen Houck and oh so many more. I don’t mind reading indie books and I’ve found that some are better than the traditionally published books. Not to mention I love supporting my fellow writers!
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
~With Cursed Secrets, it was mainly just being able to get through it. The concept was so new to me and when I started writing it, I hadn’t intended for it to be a full length novel. It was surprising that I had that much floating around in my noggin to complete it! Now, I’m almost finished with the sequel and lobbying for two more full novels and several novella companions for Legacy of Secrets.
 Are you a plotter or a pantser?
~Hmm, mostly a plotter, but I don’t restrict myself. I thought I knew where the series was going when I started and now it’s completely taken a life of its own. I can’t say I’d have it any other way.
Why do you think people should choose your books over another author?
~If I’ve done nothing else, I have stretched the boundaries of characterization. Conversations aren’t monotone and typical; they’re reminiscent of real life with sarcasm and emotion. Relationships aren’t instantaneous and destined, rather they’re tense and dramatic and full of passion. The characters and situations come to life on the pages.
What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?
~Love takes work. No matter the relationship, no matter the person, love doesn’t come as easy as movies and most books dictate. You can have love at first sight, but you have to work to make it last. But once you find it, you’re crazy if you let it slip away.
 
Can you give us an excerpt for Cursed Secrets?
Cursed Secrets (Legacy of Secrets #1)
 
Ten years ago, Lia’s life had been normal, until she witnessed a murder. Since then she’s been plagued by reliving that horrible night in a dream. But that wasn't the worst of her problems. A force had awakened inside her, unleashing something so frightening, she couldn't bear being close to anyone. Until she met Christian. Intrigued by her power and the strange connection between them, Christian is determined to find out what makes her tick. Struggling to keep his urges under control, he vows to stand by her. But as her past is revealed, he uncovers secrets that shake him to the core, forcing a decision that could lead to her death.

*Includes some language*
*Includes minor sexual situations*
Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.
Binding Secrets, book #2 in Legacy of Secrets, is set for release Oct 31, 2012
Soul Covenant: A Legacy of Secrets Novella, is set for release December 2012
 
 
How can readers find you?
Scribd (writing samples): http://www.scribd.com/littlelisa22
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 

 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment