Monday, June 17, 2013

Author Melynda Price is Stopping by today.







Welcome Melynda  Price!
We are so happy to have you back with us once more.

Today we want to learn more about you-the author.
Let's get started shall we.






What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
I love creating and world building. Being an author of paranormal romance, I get to create characters that are larger than life and stretch beyond the borders of our world as we know it. My only challenge is to make the unbelievable believable. I love it when someone asks me, “Is that really a place, or did that really happen?” Then I know I’ve done my job well.

What genre(s) do you write?
Paranormal Romance

What genres and authors would we find you reading?
I only read Paranormal Romance and I prefer series. It’s so sad when a good book ends, I like series because it keeps the characters alive. The bigger the book the better, I don’t like investing my time into a shooting star story. I want development, strong plotting and believable world building—that takes time.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Writing the ending. It’s hard for me to say goodbye to the characters I’ve fallen in love with. I also find it the most challenging to wrap up a story that brings good closure and a conclusion that doesn’t leave that reader feeling cheated or rushed.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I’m a pantser by nature. Most of the time I don’t know what’s going to happen in the story until I’m writing it. But, I have been doing some plotting when it comes to the endings. I just don’t have the patience to plot out an entire storyline before I start writing it. I like being surprised by my characters, lol. J

Why do you think people should choose your books over another author?
I wouldn’t necessarily say that a reader should choose me over other people. I don’t believe in putting others down to build yourself up. All I can say is that I believe I have a very original storyline and a good “voice” in my writing, that I hope people enjoy.

Well I can tell all our readers out there that this book is amazing!! I also loved Shades of Darkness. We are looking forward to book 3 of course. So we will gladly have you back when that is released.


No comments:

Post a Comment